1. Privacy and Security Policy
2. Collection of your personal information
3. Purposes for which personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, and for other related purposes that you would reasonably expect. Generally, these purposes include responding to your enquiries, providing you with products and services, providing you with marketing information or special offers for our products and services, obtaining your feedback on your customer experience, conducting marketing and other promotional activities and for our general business operations (for example, maintenance of our business records, compliance with our legal and insurance obligations and statistical purposes). By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us using your personal information for these purposes. You agree that we may send you such information by post or by electronic means (including e-mail and SMS). You can opt-out of marketing and promotional communications at any time by contacting our Privacy Officer via the details shown below. We may exchange your personal information within the Shining Knight corporate group. We may also disclose your personal information to our agents and contractors for the purposes set out above, and for the purposes of those parties providing services to us or performing business services or functions on our behalf (for example, our technology service providers, marketing service providers, mailing houses etc). We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may however, from time to time, send you information on behalf of a third party that we think may be of interest to you. In such circumstances the third party will not be provided with your personal information by Shining Knight. Apart from the above instances, we may also use and disclose your personal information with your consent and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
4. Sensitive Information We will only collect 'sensitive information' with your consent. We will assume that you have consented to us collecting all information, which is provided to us by you for use in accordance with this policy, including any 'sensitive information', unless you tell us otherwise.
5. Storage and security of your personal information We may hold your personal information in electronic formats and in hard copy. We take reasonable steps to securely store your personal information to ensure it is protected from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, and from other types of misuse, interference and loss. Financial details, including credit card details and related personal information gathered whilst in the process of conducting an online purchase from our website will be used for credit card authorisation purposes. This information will be shared with our payment processing authority in connection with your purchase. All online purchases are conducted in a 128 bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption directly with our payment processing authority. We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when we no longer require it for any purpose for which it was collected. We may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with any applicable law, for insurance and corporate governance purposes, for the prevention of fraud and to resolve disputes. Your personal information may also be retained in our IT system back-up records. The transfer of data over the Internet is inherently insecure. We cannot guarantee the security, during transmission, of any personal information provided to us via our website at www.shiningknight.com.au. Please bear this in mind when transmitting information by this means to us.
6. Access and correction of your personal information You may lodge a request to correct personal information that we hold about you if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading please contact our Privacy Officer via the contact details shown below. You may request that we provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. Generally, we will provide you with access, except in limited circumstances where the APPs permit us to deny access. Any such requests must be made in writing and directed to our Privacy Officer via the details shown below. Under the APPs we are permitted to charge you with a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information. Please note that no fee will be incurred for requesting access, and if your request for access is accepted we will inform you of the fee (if any) that will be payable for providing access if you proceed with your request. You may ask us to inform you of the source of any personal information about you that we have collected from a third party. We will provide this at no cost, except in limited circumstances where the APPs or other law permit us to withhold this information.
7. Making a complaint You may lodge a complaint with us if you believe we have handled your personal information other than in accordance with the APPs. To do so please contact our Privacy Officer via the contact details below. We will confirm receipt of your complaint and set out the time frame we require to investigate your complaint and provide you with a response. We will endeavour to respond as quickly as possible, which generally, will be within 14 days of receiving your complaint.
9. Overseas disclosure of your personal information Generally, we will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, except upon your request, or if we are authorised or required to do so by law. We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients who we engage for the purposes of data storage or processing. We will contractually obligate any such recipients to keep any data disclosed confidential.
11. Contact us If you would like further information about the way we manage your personal information, or if you have a privacy-related complaint, please contact our Privacy Officer at: Privacy Officer Shining Knight Facility Services 383 Warrigal Road Cheltenham VIC 3192 Phone 03 9555 6044 [email protected]
12. Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Shining Knight Facility Services is in the best possible position to provide industry best, comprehensive and value-added cleaning and hygiene services for your organisation.